- Promotes the special relationship between Dads and children of military families
- Provides information and support to encourage healthy father-child relationships
- Is one special evening per month where Dads and children meet and have fun, participate in games, classes, and field trip activities.
- Is an educational and fun playgroup for military families with children from newborn to age 5
- Meets weekly
- Provides children and parent enrichment activities
- Offers classes and open discussions on parenting concerns
- Is a place for children to play and make new friends
- Is a networking opportunity for military parents to establish friendships and support
- Sponsors field trips to local family attractions.
- To become more confident as a parent
- To establish a local support system
- To make parenting fun
- To learn new ideas and activities to enhance your child’s development
- To feel more at home in the military community
- To develop new friendships
- To improve communication between you, your spouse, and your children
- To lessen stress
- To learn of all the benefits and entitlements you deserve as a military family member
- To benefit from the best family support services you will ever have at your service
- Because we care!
The Families First contract provides educational and support services to military families in the Quad City area. The program reaches out to all military families within all branches of service. Through playgroups and parent enrichment sessions, the Families First helps families learn how to improve their parenting skills and provide a safe and nurturing environment for their children.
Call +1 (309)782-3049 to find out when the Fatherhood Program next meets.
Discovery Time Playgroup:
Call +1 (309)782-3049 for information on the next scheduled playgroup.
Who is Eligible?
All active duty military family members from all branches of service.
How do I enroll?
Contact the Families First programs at +1 (309)782-3049, or call the Rock Island Arsenal Army Community Service at +1 (309)782-0829.